~Viva Las VegasStamps~

My Free Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

viernes, 20 de enero de 2012

Art Journal My first Calendar Page -

Hello friends!
I wrote about Art Journal and/or Smash Book last year (I really liked the two ideas). I have a lot of things to do on this new adventure on my craft life. As a child I always loved to draw and colouring. Also I love the idea of doing a journal (the word in Spanish is "diario")
A long time ago I took drawing and painting classes but didn't finish for personal reasons.  Scrapbooking made me explore different ways to do things... and now I'm joining the Mixed Media bandwagon.
I found a lot of links on Art Journal and many very creative persons doing this type of work. I found the 
The Kathryn Wheel:   2012 Calendar Challenge
I want to start my art journal quickly event though I see this as a calendar... amazing idea!
After I read and saw many links on the topic, I decided to start on January of this year but changed my mind, and I started on December 2011. I want to remember some things that I enjoyed during that month.
This is my first two pages of my Art Journal - Calendar


**I did a collage on Christmas Tree with Scraps**
Supplies: Gesso, Glimmer, Distres Inks, Copic, Scraps, 
Flower and Corner Punch, Calendar Page Template.

I started with a lot of blank spaces for that month only writing the most important events, and all that I can still remember, lol!! My main reason to start this journal-calendar is because I went on a Cruise (Dec 26 to January 2). 
I hope to learn more and continue to apply the mixed media approach to other such as Scrapbook Layouts, Cards, Canvas, and other creations. 
Tomorrow i will take a workshop with Christy Tomlinson so I hope to learn more with this creative lady. She came to Puerto Rico to offer training on Mixed Media on friday to sunday (1-20 to 1-22) at LSS.
Be on the watchout for my new project during the next couple of days as I hope to apply the new techniques.
Thanks to my friend Yani that share on her blog the idea of Calendar Page on a Smash Book.


Thanks for stoppin by

Enjoy your weekend!

Sonia  **Sony**

1 comentario:

Zulma dijo...

Very pretty! good job, I like this.
TFS, hugs, Zulma